why implement ubi as a cryptocurrency blockchain?
simple. it's much cheaper than handing out fiat. since a currency is as valuable as humans believe it to be, the jury is still out on wether a blockchain based ubi can be as effective as a fiat based ubi.
what does it cost to run snapr?
a little more than nothing, considering the potential.
we run a few cloud services per deployment. it comes in around $500 monthly. here's the mainnet breakdown (see aws calculator):
- bootnodes (substrate validators)
- trillian (singapore, r5a.large, 120gb ~ $77.18 monthly)
- ford (stockholm, r5.large, 120gb ~ $73.86 monthly)
- arthur (ashburn, r5a.large, 120gb ~ $63.83 monthly)
- elb (frankfurt ~ $19.71 monthly)
- gql (frankfurt, 2 × t3.micro, 120gb ~ $34.90 monthly)
- rds (frankfurt, db.t3.micro, 120gb ~ $63.42 monthly)
- api (frankfurt, t3.micro, 120gb ~ $17.45 monthly)
- secrets, storage, automation, dns ~ $50 monthly